Terraferma - Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terraferma - Minecraft Server

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chaulines

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
willowcast
Wood
Wood

Experience : 6

Chaulines Empty
PostSubject: Chaulines   Chaulines I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:50 am

-Description of bug: Chapulines, plural for chapulín, are grasshoppers of the genus Sphenarium, that are commonly eaten in certain areas of Mexico. The term is specific to Mexico and derives from the Nahuatl language. In Spain and most Spanish speaking countries, the word for grasshopper is saltamontes or saltón, this however is disputed due to the influence of El Chapulín Colorado

-When and where this happened, use exact times if you can: Mexico, right now.

-What should have happened: Starvation.

-Any other pertinent information: Chapulines must be very well cooked prior to consumption, because, as with other grasshoppers, they may carry nematodes that can infest human hosts. In 2007, several American media reported concerns over lead contamination in products imported from Zimatlán, a municipality in Oaxaca, including chapulines[3]. In California, an investigation among community residents in Monterey County showed a larger risk for lead poisoning on people who either were from or reported eating food imported from Zimatlán.

Contaminated chapulines which were found for sale in California were also identified in samples from Zimatlán[4]. Lead levels found in the chapulines were as high as 300 times the maximum recommended lead dose for children under the age of 6 and pregnant women.
Back to top Go down

Chaulines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaulines   Chaulines I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Chaulines Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZ314R-sE6rOCxquW6Ks201RfD8pOfDnUkbFTyjPk3hbo9aqnBWQThe fuck did I just read?
Back to top Go down
HannahBernanna
Admin
Admin
HannahBernanna

Experience : 220

Chaulines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaulines   Chaulines I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:41 pm

I lol'd
Back to top Go down
jeffg10
Wood